Adult Students

Majors  Tuition and Financial Aid

Students meeting one or more of the following criteria may be considered a non-traditional student:

  • Undergraduates age 24 years or older
  • Starting or returning to college more than four years after high school
  • Veteran, active military or reservist
  • Considered financially independent for purposes of determining financial aid
  • Fulfill multiple adult roles such as parent, spouse/partner, caregiver, employee and student

If you are a working adult who needs to enroll in evening, online and hybrid classes, BW can help you reach your educational goals in a number of career-relevant programs that do not require day classes.

Get Started

Accelerate Your Degree or Take it at Your Own Pace

You manage a lot in your life. You learn differently now than you did in high school. And you need to apply that knowledge now.

Adults bring a high level of motivation and commitment to their college studies. At BW, you'll take what you learn in class to work the next morning. Whatever your interests, whatever you want to achieve, we'll help you navigate your days and evenings, creating a schedule that works with the rest of your life, and still powers you toward completing your degree.

  • Evening classes, just one night a week
  • Early mornings – catch an 8:00 a.m. class before work
  • Accelerated 8-week minimester classes
  • Accelerated 5-day immersion classes
  • Online and hybrid classes
    Hybrid classes are primarily online, but also meet a few times on campus during the term.
  • Traditional day classes too, if that fits your schedule

Transfer Credits

Check which of your courses will transfer to BW. You can also request a transfer evaluation.

Transfer FAQ

How do transfer credits apply to a BW degree?

BW's online transfer guide shows how courses transfer from more than 50 area colleges and universities. Courses transferred from other colleges or universities may count directly toward your major or minor, core requirements, or electives -- all are valuable credit toward the minimum 124 credits needed to graduate. All college-level courses with a grade of C or better that are completed at an approved regionally accredited college or university will transfer to Baldwin Wallace, given that they fall within the academic scope and level of BW's programs. Grades of C- or below do not transfer.

How much credit may transfer to BW?

To earn your BW degree, you must complete a minimum of 124 semester hours of coursework. There is no limit on the number of hours that may be transferred from four-year colleges and universities; however, the last 45 semester hours of your degree must be earned at Baldwin Wallace University. A maximum of 62 semester hours may transfer from two-year or community colleges. There is a limit on how much credit may transfer in some academic areas as determined by the BW faculty, such as engineering or other technical areas.

Are there time limits on college courses?

Most courses have no time limit on how old they may be to qualify for transfer. However, some areas are more time sensitive, such as accounting, computer science, education, and psychology. The Registration and Records Office will evaluate these courses in terms of subject, grade and year taken.

Will my grade point average from a previous college/university transfer?

No, only your credit hours will transfer. When you enroll at Baldwin Wallace University, you will establish a new BW grade point average.

What if my college is not listed on BW's Online Transfer Guide?

Students also transfer credits from many other accredited schools that may not be included in this online guide.

Accreditation - does my school have the accreditations that BW requires for my courses to transfer?

Baldwin Wallace considers transfer credit for courses taken at colleges and universities that are accredited by one of the following Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSA-CHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions (NEASC-CTCI)
  • Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACCSCU)

Earn Credit for What You Know

The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you earn college credit for what you already know. Find out how you can earn credit through CLEP.

Already Have a Bachelor's Degree?

If you already have a bachelor's degree, learn about our graduate programs and post-baccalaureate programs in nursing, music therapy and teacher licensure.