Baldwin Wallace University Advisory
The University is currently operating under normal conditions.
About BW's Emergency Alert System
Baldwin Wallace University employs a variety of communication tools to issue timely safety alerts and advisories to the students, faculty, staff and visitors on our campuses.
The campus community is informed through:
- An advisory with timely information in situations such as a class cancellation due to weather or a campus power outage
- An emergency alert with an urgent notification about a significant emergency or other situation affecting health and safety on campus.
When a situation warrants, the University will post the most detailed information available on this BW advisory page www.bw.edu/advisory and will use a variety of communication tools to issue an advisory or alert including but not limited to:
- Text messaging
- BW home page
- Cleveland news media
During an ongoing emergency alert situation, please remember that it can take time to verify the facts and provide the campus with instructions and updates. Do NOT call 911 or the Department of Public Safety for general information. This website and the communication tools above will be used to provide new details as quickly as possible.
When a campus closure or class cancellation is under consideration, a team of University leaders weighs a variety of factors and will only cancel classes when absolutely necessary. Like most workplaces in Northeast Ohio, it's rare for BW to close for snow or other inclement weather. As you would for a commute to any job, please be prepared to allow extra time to get to your destination when weather or other conditions necessitate reduced speed and extra caution.
Advisory/Alert terms explained/defined:
- "Morning classes” refers to all classes that begin before noon Monday through Friday.
- "Afternoon classes" begin at or after noon Monday through Friday.
- "Evening classes" begin after 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If the "BW Campus is closed:"
- essential services will be provided to residential students, but check this page for possible changes to dining services options/schedules
- the campus will reopen at 6 a.m. the following day
Not Receiving Text Alerts?
Students: The opportunity to provide BW with your cell number is done during the electronic check-in process twice annually. If you opted out of this program and would now like to be included, please contact Registration and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 826-2126.
Faculty & Staff: Cell phone numbers (voluntary) are stored in your HR profile. If you have not provided a cell number and would like to be included, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (440) 826-2220.