Close search
Military & Veteran Students

Next Steps for Admitted Military & Veteran Students

Welcome to the Baldwin Wallace University! We are very excited to embark on this educational journey with you.

Military and Veteran Support Team

Baldwin Wallace has assembled a military and veteran support team, with the goal of providing the necessary support in the areas of admission, financial aid, academic advising, career resources and certification of enrollment. Transfer and Military Services will assist you with VA benefit processing and referrals to VA or other community veteran service organizations.

BW is also supportive of students who are called to active duty during the academic year.

Checklist for new student veterans >>

Campus map for veterans and military students >>

Military and Transfer Student Success

Michael Brown
Manager, Military and Transfer Student Success
(440) 826-5920

Admission Office

BW Admission Office:, (440) 826-2222

Veteran Student Organization/Student Veteran Services

Enrollment Certification or Vocational Rehabilitation Chapter 31 (Certifying Official)

Once you have been admitted to Baldwin Wallace University, you will work with Baldwin Wallace to certify your enrollment to the Veteran's Administration (VA). Each semester, BW must report how many hours you will be enrolled. To have your enrollment certified or if your eligibility for benefits includes submitting the VA Form 28-1905 (Authorization and Certification of Entrance/Re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status), contact:

Marcia Shaffer
Student Loan Administrator
Cashier's Office
(440) 826-2218

Financial Aid

In addition to GI Bill or other VA educational benefits, student veterans may be eligible for financial aid such as federal or state grants and Federal Direct student loans. Student veterans may also be eligible to receive a BW scholarship or merit award, as determined through the admission process. (However, if a veteran receives 100% in tuition benefits through the GI Bill or other VA education benefits, they will not receive additional tuition specific financial aid or scholarships above the cost of tuition.) Submitting the FAFSA and determining financial aid eligibility can help veterans pay for college once their GI Bill or other VA education benefits have been exhausted.

Additional financial aid opportunities are available for veterans and members of the military, including Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA), Ohio National Guard Scholarships, ROTC, and other military or dependent aid programs.