This is the Baldwin Wallace University commitment. We'll pull together all your credits and set you on the right path to the right degree for you. We'll give you guidance and stay with you every step of the way.
Our students tell us that they transfer to BW for many reasons, including:
- BW's academic reputation
- Location (20 minutes from Cleveland)
- Quality of a liberal arts education
- Extensive opportunities for internships and career planning
How do transfer credits apply to a BW degree?
BW's online transfer guide shows how courses transfer from more than 50 area colleges and universities. Courses transferred from other colleges or universities may count directly toward your major or minor, core requirements, or electives -- all are valuable credit toward the minimum 124 credits needed to graduate. All college-level courses with a grade of C or better that are completed at an approved regionally accredited college or university will transfer to Baldwin Wallace, given that they fall within the academic scope and level of BW's programs. Grades of C- or below do not transfer.
How much credit may transfer to BW?
To earn your BW degree, you must complete a minimum of 124 semester hours of coursework. There is no limit on the number of hours that may be transferred from four-year colleges and universities; however, the last 45 semester hours of your degree must be earned at Baldwin Wallace University. A maximum of 62 semester hours may transfer from two-year or community colleges. There is a limit on how much credit may transfer in some academic areas as determined by the BW faculty, such as engineering or other technical areas.
Are there time limits on college courses?
Most courses have no time limit on how old they may be to qualify for transfer. However, some areas are more time sensitive, such as accounting, computer science, education, and psychology. The Registration and Records Office will evaluate these courses in terms of subject, grade and year taken.
Will my grade point average from a previous college/university transfer?
No, only your credit hours will transfer. When you enroll at Baldwin Wallace University, you will establish a new BW grade point average.
What if my college is not listed on BW's Online Transfer Guide?
Students also transfer credits from many other accredited schools that may not be included in this online guide.
Accreditation - does my school have the accreditations that BW requires for my courses to transfer?
Baldwin Wallace considers transfer credit for courses taken at colleges and universities that are accredited by one of the following Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSA-CHE)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions (NEASC-CTCI)
- Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACCSCU)
BW's Partnerships with Community Colleges
Baldwin Wallace has established a number of transfer partnerships to ensure maximum transfer credit from regionally accredited two-year colleges, including partnerships with:
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Lakeland Community College
- Lorain County Community College
Baldwin Wallace works closely with community colleges and their students to evaluate courses for transfer to BW. Courses transferred directly toward a major or minor, core requirements or electives. Also, the A2BW program is a transfer agreement that allows for maximum credit for an associate degree and streamlines completion of a bachelor's degree at BW.
We welcome students to meet with us in Berea or at BW Corporate College East. We also visit all three community colleges regularly throughout the year and would love to meet with you there.