College to Career
Career Services Office
(440) 826-2162 (fax)
A college education should be the gateway to your next destination — whether that is a job, graduate school, volunteer service or other pursuit. The first step is to have a plan. This plan will evolve and change over time, but also will help to chart a course to future goals.
CAREER ACTION PLAN
Baldwin Wallace Career Services helps students develop a plan and put it into action. Career Services recommends a five-step action plan:
- Step 1: Know yourself
- Step 2: Be engaged
- Step 3: Get experience
- Step 4: Market yourself
- Step 5: Pursue your destination
FRESHMAN YEAR THROUGH GRADUATION
BW Career Services can help you prepare for career success. Through personalized attention, workshops and more, we can assist you with career exploration, interview and networking techniques, internships and job opportunities.
The BW Career Network is a web-based platform with 24/7 access to targeted employment opportunities, career mentors and relevant resources based on career interests.
Resources for Students
- One-on-one career advising appointments
- OhioMeansJobs.com — connects students with jobs in the state of Ohio
- Annual Career & Internship Expo (Spring)
- Annual Graduate School Fair (Fall)
- Yellow Jacket for a Day - job shadow a professional in your field
- Cover letters, resumes and interviewing
- Career self-assessment
- Cleveland-area job search advising assistance
- Industry information
- Online job search tools
- Salary information
- Additional resources
MAKING YOU MARKETABLE
From our online career network that posts internship and job opportunities to our MyPlan software program that addresses possible career pathways — and everything in-between — we offer expansive resources and skill-building workshops.
CAREER ADVISORS FOCUSED ON YOUR GOALS
Your career goals are important. That's why our career advisors can meet with you one-on-one. They are professional, insightful and well connected to off-campus resources.
Professional career advisors are ready to help you:
- Choose a career focus
- Find real-world experience and develop marketable skills
- Prepare for life after BW (full-time employment, graduate school, other)
- Meet professionals at companies, agencies and organizations who can help you achieve your career goals
INTERNSHIPS OFFER REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCE
Each year BW students complete hundreds of local and national internships. Our online career network and Career & Internship Expo link students to opportunities.
OPPORTUNITIES TO LAND A JOB
Connect to opportunities through employer meet-and-greet and information sessions, as well as on-campus employer interviewing, career fairs and more.
Nearly 90 percent of Baldwin Wallace graduates responding to a BW Career Services survey report being employed or in graduate school within one year of graduating from BW.