Close search
One Stop

Student Rights and Responsibilities


You have the right to privacy. All records and information submitted with your application for financial aid are confidential and subject to legal requirements concerning disclosure of such information.

You have the right to know about the Baldwin Wallace University refund policy if you withdraw after the semester begins. The BW One Stop acts as a resource for students considering withdrawal.

You have the right to request a reduction or cancellation of your student loan. Remember that a student loan is a debt that must be repaid; borrow only what you need.

You have the right to know specific consumer information such as campus crime statistics and athletic information.

You have the right to know what financial aid programs are available to you, including information on all federal, state and University financial aid programs.

You have the right to know the application procedures and deadlines for each of the available programs.

You have the right to know how financial aid is distributed and the basis for these decisions.

You have the right to know how and when financial aid is disbursed.

You have the right to know how your financial aid eligibility is determined. This includes how costs for tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, travel, and personal and miscellaneous expenses are determined in your estimated cost of attendance. It also includes what resources were considered in the calculation of your financial aid eligibility, such as parental contribution and other financial aid or personal assets.

You have the right to know the interest rate of your loan, the total amount to be repaid or not to be repaid, repayment procedures, when repayment begins and the length of the repayment period.

You have the right to know how Baldwin Wallace University determines whether you are making satisfactory academic progress and what happens if you are not.


You must regularly check your BW student email account for information from Baldwin Wallace University and the financial aid office.

If you are a dependent student, you must keep your parents or guardians informed of all financial aid requirements and deadlines.

You must complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the correct location. You must read and understand all forms you are asked to sign and keep a copy of each. You also are responsible for knowing the financial aid re-application deadlines.

You must provide correct information at all times. Reporting false information is a violation of the law and may be considered a criminal offense.

You must submit, by the deadline indicated, all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by either the financial aid office or the agencies to which you submitted applications. Some examples include: federal tax returns, verification forms, loan entrance counseling, loan promissory notes and loan exit counseling prior to leaving school.

You must notify the BW One Stop in writing if the information reported on your financial aid applications has changed.

You must notify the office of registration & records and any lenders if there are changes in your name, permanent mailing address, anticipated graduation date or enrollment status.

You must notify the BW One Stop in writing if you receive any scholarships or other offers that do not appear on your offer (use the form on the back of the offer). Some examples include scholarships, tuition waivers, and veterans or rehabilitation benefits.

You must accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.

After completing a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note, the University will disburse the maximum loan for which you are eligible to your Baldwin Wallace University account. You must contact the BW One Stop if you do not want us to follow that procedure.

You must perform the work agreed upon if you accept a Federal Work-Study job and notify your employer if the amount of your offer changes.

You must know and comply with the refund procedures at Baldwin Wallace University.

You must show Satisfactory Academic Progress according to established policies and standards of Baldwin Wallace University.

You must notify the BW One Stop in writing if you are receiving financial aid for attendance at another institution while attending Baldwin Wallace University.

If you are a recipient of a Federal Direct Loan, you must notify the lender should any of the following occur before the loan is repaid:

  • You change your address and/or phone number.
  • You graduate.
  • You withdraw from school or are enrolled less than half time.
  • You change your name (e.g., maiden to married name).
  • You transfer to another university.

You must maintain satisfactory status on student loans. You may be required by your lender to complete deferment forms for loans that were previously in repayment. Students who default on their student loans or owe refunds on federal grants are not eligible for any financial aid.

Let Us Help You

Contact us and we'll answer your questions.