Parking Services Office
(440) 826-2333, email@example.com
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Semester and Break Periods
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Bonds Hall, Room 119
275 Eastland Rd.
Berea, OH 44017-2088
All students are eligible to receive a BW parking permit. Those who operate vehicles on campus are required to register their vehicles with the Parking Services Office. Student parking assignments are based on class rank and student residency. Students who only need a car for a few days each semester may apply for a temporary permit at no cost. These permits are valid for no more than 10 days each academic year.
Commuter: $35 per semester; $70 per academic year
Resident: $65 per semester; $130 per academic year
PARKING SERVICES OFFICE HOURS
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Summer Semester and Break Periods
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Handicapped parking spaces are reserved close to access ramps and building entrances. BW students and employees may use state-issued handicap permits or University-issued temporary handicap permits in conjunction with BW parking permits only. The University verifies registered owners of University and state-issued handicap permits and may require a copy of the registration card provided by the BMV to all state handicap permit owners. All permits, including handicap permits, are valid only for the individual use of the registered owner.
Street Parking, City of Berea
- There is no parking on the fire hydrant side of the street.
- There is no overnight street parking in the city of Berea (3-6 a.m.).
- Check street signs carefully for parking designation or restrictions.
- Respect Berea residents' property. Do not obstruct driveways or park or walk on private property.
- Tickets issued by the City of Berea may be paid or appealed at Berea City Hall only.
15-Minute Parking Spaces
Fifteen-minute parking spaces are located near each of the high priority red curb zones for short-term parking needs. These spaces are available to guests, employees and students with permits that are valid for parking in all student lots.
Visitor permits are required for those attending conferences and other campus events requiring long term parking. Conference coordinators are responsible for distribution of visitor permits. Visitor permits may be obtained at the Parking Services Office, Bonds Hall, Room 119.
Guests of students may park in student lots and need not obtain a visitor permit. Guests who receive parking citations for unregistered vehicles should follow the instructions on the parking citation. All tickets must be signed by the BW student visited and sent to the Parking Services Office. BW reserves the right to limit guest parking during peak class time.
Parking permits, including handicap permits, are not transferable between persons. The automatic sanction for fraudulent registration, transfer to/between members of the BW community and alteration, reproduction or illegal use of a parking permit, including handicap permit, is towing and a $200 fine for all participating students or employees.
Sanction for illegal transfer/use of a handicap permit (state or BW issued) includes all penalties of illegal permit transfer/use plus an educational project to be determined by the judicial administrator.
The Parking Services Office is authorized to impose fines and/or sanctions for violation of these regulations, cause the removal of vehicles in violation at operator or owner's expense, refer the matter to disciplinary action or any combination thereof. There is no parking:
- Against the flow of traffic
- In crosswalks and driveways
- On sidewalks or grass
- In a handicapped space without a handicapped permit
- In a blue curb zone (handicap access)
- Blocking another vehicle
- Outside of assigned area
- In a red curb zone
Fines for parking violations:
- No parking permit, improperly displayed, unauthorized lot, posted or reserved space, other — $15
Fines for safety violations:
- Obstructing drive/walk, double parked, loading zone, Union lot red curb zone —$25
- Parking in/blocking handicapped access without appropriate permit — $50
- Parking, stopping or standing in a high priority red curb zone — $100
Fines are payable at the Cashier's Office in Bonds Hall. Please tell the cashier that payment is for parking fines, otherwise it will be credited to the general bill. All funds collected through violations of the parking regulations will be deposited in the Baldwin Wallace Scholarship Fund. (Cashier's Office, 440-826-2217, Bonds Hall, Room 117)
Upon request, Parking Services will grant only one "courtesy appeal" for a parking violation ($15 fine) per academic year, issued to any student or employee with a valid BW parking permit, for any reason. All other appeals follow the process outlined below.
If you feel a citation was issued in error, you may appeal the citation in writing within 10 days of issue. If extraordinary circumstances are a factor, provide supporting documentation. The Parking Services Office will review the written appeals, eliminating submissions that cite invalid reasons. Qualifying appeals are reviewed by the Parking Appeals Committee. The committee is a peer review which bases their decision on the circumstances of the appeal and violations history of the appellant. Decisions are relayed via BW email. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final.
ALL vehicles, including unregistered and guest vehicles, may be automatically towed for the following violations:
- blocking access, in any way, to fire hydrants, sidewalks, doors, reserved service parking or dumpsters
- double parked or obstructing free access of another vehicle
- parking on grass or anywhere outside a lined parking space that may impair public safety or damage property
The schedule of towing charges are as follows:
- Cars: $90 plus storage charge of $12 per day
- Trucks: $150 plus storage charge of $20 per day
- Road call: tow in progress; charge varies by service
Towed vehicles may be recovered 24 hours a day by showing proof of ownership and making payment of towing and storage charges to:
Charlie's Towing Service
55 Lou Groza Blvd., Suite G.
Middleburg Hts., Ohio