Friends of the Conservatory
Friends of the Conservatory supports the students and programs of the Baldwin Wallace Conservatory of Music through monetary donations, gifts in kind and volunteer assistance. Founded in 1963, Friends of the Conservatory was originally known as the Conservatory Women’s Committee. Membership is open to anyone who has a passion for the arts and music. Current members include BW alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and members of the Berea and surrounding communities. All are welcome to join.
Here are just a few of the many contributions we have made over the past 50 years:
- Awarded over $75,000 in scholarship to outstanding students
- Remodeled and purchased furniture for the Gamble Auditorium green room and guest dressing rooms
- Purchased many specialty instruments for students to use
- Purchased a Steinway Boston upright piano
- Purchased a collection of DVDs to establish the Music-in-Film Library used to teach the Music in Film Seminar
- Assisted in the purchase of a Continuo Organ
- Currently in the second year of a three-year pledge to purchase a Vanderbilt 23 Natural SN Harp
- Assisted students studying abroad
- Donated monetarily to the annual Bach Festival
Become a Member
Membership in this committee is open to anyone who has a love of the arts and music and a desire to see the vision of the Conservatory continue to grow and prosper. No affiliation with the University or the Conservatory is necessary.
We invite you to participate in any way your schedule allows. Any ideas you have to help with fundraising and/or making the committee stronger are always welcome. 100% of your donations go directly to supporting and promoting the Conservatory.