Federal Perkins Loan
A Perkins Loan is a long-term, low-interest loan funded by the federal government, the college, and repayment from previous borrowers (BW students).
- Eligibility for this loan is need based and will be indicated in financial aid award;
- Eligible students must be attending full time and maintaining satisfactory academic progress;
- Student must sign a promissory note
- Repayment begins 9 months after student graduates or leaves school
- A 5% interest rate will be charged on the unpaid principal during repayment.
NOTE: Perkins Loan promissory notes can be signed online. Students who have received a Perkins Loan in their financial aid award will be contacted via BW email address the week before fall semester classes begin.
The Perkins Loan Office is located in the Bonds Administration Building (to the right of the Cashier's Office).
For information about your Perkins Loan, you should contact:
Perkins Loan Administrator