Financial Aid

Value = Quality + Affordability

Federal Loan Exit Counseling

The federal government, through the Department of Education, requires all students to complete loan exit counseling, so that borrowers understand their rights and responsibilities.

Mandatory Loan Exit Counseling:
All Stafford Loan Borrowers can meet this requirement by completing the following online exit counseling at:
Department of Education Exit Counseling  
You will need your Federal PIN to access this site. If you do not remember your PIN, you can retrieve it through the Federal PIN web site (Simply click on "Request a Duplicate PIN")
1) Click on "Complete Counseling."
2) Click on "Exit Counseling."

The U.S. Department of Education's EXIT Counseling Guide For Direct Loan Borrowers

Loan History:
The best way to review all of your federal student loan debt is through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) ,where the government keeps track of your student loans. You will need your Federal PIN to access this site. If you do not remember your PIN, you can retrieve it through the Federal PIN Web Site site (Click on "Request a Duplicate PIN")

Be sure to review any information provided by your servicers (e.g. Sallie Mae  and Great Lakes ), including details regarding interest rates, repayment amounts, etc.

Information on private education loans can be found through your servicers as well.

Helpful Links:

Federal Loan Consolidation

Teacher Loan Forgiveness

Public Service Loan Forgiveness

Loan Repayment:

Repayment Options

Income Based Repayment Plan

Deferments and Forbearances

During our Loan Information Sessions, a number of you have expressed an interest in using the loan calculators. Here are some calculators that can assist you in determining the best repayment options.

Loan Consolidation Calculator

Standard and Extended Repayment Calculator

Income Based Repayment Calculator

Graduated Repayment Calculator

Income Contingent Repayment Calculator

Great Lakes' Financial IQ - This is an excellent financial literacy resource and provides great information on student loan repayment, credit cards, taxes and ID theft.

The Office of the Ombudsman - The Ombudsman (through the U.S. Department of Education) helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans. If you have done all you can to resolve an issue and haven't been able to reach a solution, the Ombudsman is there to assist you.

Baldwin Wallace University Contact:
Carrie Euype - Assistant Director of Financial Aid 
(440)826-2108 (Financial Aid Office)

Share |