Financial Aid

Value = Quality + Affordability

Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan

Graduate/Professional PLUS loans are available to help graduate students finance any remaining educational costs not covered by other forms of student financial aid. The Graduate/Professional Student PLUS is similar to the Parent PLUS program, since the terms and conditions include:

  • A determination that the applicant does not have an adverse credit history
  • Repayment beginning on the date of the last disbursement of the loan
  • A fixed interest rate of 7.9 percent

In addition...
Applicants for these loans are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine the maximum loan eligibility through the Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Program before applying for a Graduate/Professional PLUS loan.

How To Apply:

STEP 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available online at 

STEP 2: Complete the Enrollment Worksheet for Graduate/Special Students, which can be downloaded from the Forms page.

STEP 3: Determine how much Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan is needed to cover the cost of education.( Before applying for a Graduate/Professional PLUS loan, borrowers  must apply for their maximum eligibility in Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans.)

STEP 4: Go to
Click on the green sign in button and then click on Start to begin the Federal Graduate/Professional PLUS Application Process.

STEP 5: The Department of Education will transmit loan application information to Baldwin Wallace University.

STEP 6: Baldwin Wallace University will then finalize the loan through the Department of Education.

Information on Federal Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS Loans (from the Department of Education)

Federal Loan Consolidation - For Graduate/Professional PLUS borrowers who have PLUS loans with different lenders/servicers and wish to combine their PLUS Loans into one new Consolidation Loan.(Graduate/Professional PLUS loans can be consolidated with other federal education loans, such as the Stafford and Perkins loans.)

Share |