Human Resources Department, (440) 826-2220
Baldwin Wallace University offers a comprehensive total compensation package for full-time faculty and staff. The following is a basic overview of benefits for individuals considering employment at Baldwin Wallace. More information can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources and Payroll Services Department at (440) 826-2220. The benefits listed below are subject to change.
Health and Dental Insurance Benefits
- BW offers choice of either a PPO plan with Medical Mutual of Ohio - SuperMed Plus or an HMO with Kaiser Permanente. The University currently pays about 87% of the premium cost. Employee premiums are paid with pre-tax dollars. All plans include dental insurance and prescription coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Full-time employees can shelter up to $5,000 yearly to pay for uninsured medical expenses and $5,000 yearly for dependent care expenses.
Paid Time-Off Benefits
Full-time administrative and full-time support staff are eligible to earn up to:
- 13-15 paid holidays per year
- 12 days sick leave per year
- 2-4 weeks annual vacation
- bereavement leave and jury duty
- parental leave
- Social Security: BW contributes 7.65% of all eligible wages in Social Security and Medicare taxes (F.I.C.A.)
- TIAA/CREF: The University provides retirement benefits with the Teachers' Insurance and Annuity Association and its companion University Retirement Equities Fund. A new employee may join the University’s 403 (b) plan immediately. The University contributes 7% of base salary into the plan after the employee has worked for one year as long as the employee contributes at least 3%. Employee contributions are pre-tax and earnings grow tax-free until withdrawn. In certain cases, 403 (b)s and 401 (k)s from former employers may be rolled over into the University's retirement plan.
Tuition Waiver Benefits
- All full-time employees and dependents are eligible at the first semester after hire for a waiver of 92% of tuition for any courses they take at Baldwin Wallace
- The employee can only take 11 or fewer credit hours per semester to receive 92% waiver
- The employee and spouse are also eligible for graduate tuition benefits; but dependent children receive waiver for only undergraduate work
- No family may have more than the equivalent of two persons receiving this benefit at any one time
- Graduate tuition benefits are considered taxable compensation
Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance: The University pays the full premium for a $50,000 life insurance policy with a $50,000 accidental death and dismemberment rider.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Full-time employees may purchase supplemental life insurance coverage of up to $200,000. Coverage is also available for spouses, domestic partner and dependent children.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: Long-Term Disability is currently carried through Prudential and premiums are fully paid by the University.
- Short-Term Disability: The University also the pays the full cost of a self-funded Short-Term Disability benefit.
- Workers’ Compensation protection
- All employees are entitled to a ten percent discount for most bookstore purchases
- ID card which entitles faculty or staff member free admission to many events on campus
- Free use of the Student Recreation Center for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Access to a credit union
- Free parking decal (students pay parking fee)
- Ability to purchase meals at various campus dining facilities
- Direct deposit (required as condition of employment)