BW CSI: Conservatory Summer Intensive
July 7 – 16, 2016
Investigating college music study while exploring careers in music...
The Conservatory Summer Intensive is a 10-day program for high school students considering studying music in college. This program allows students to step into the shoes of a BW Conservatory music major and work directly with the BW Conservatory of Music faculty.
Students will participate in workshops throughout the Conservatory Summer Intensive which explore careers in music. Participants can elect to receive additional private lessons in their primary or other chosen instrument.
Participants will choose between the CSI track or a specialized track. Current high school juniors also may elect to participate in the APP: audition preparation program.
Dr. Brendan Caldwell, CSI Wind Ensemble Director
Associate Professor of Conducting & Director of Wind Ensembles, Baldwin Wallace University
Octavio Más-Arocas, CSI Orchestra Director
Associate Professor of Conducting & Director of Orchestral Studies, Baldwin Wallace University
Jordan Saul, CSI Choral Director
Associate Director of Choral Studies and Assistant Professor of Choral Music Education, Baldwin Wallace University
- Music theory/ear training
- Elective courses
- Major ensemble (orchestra, wind ensemble or choir)
- CSI singers (all CSI choir)
- Private lesson (45-minute lesson)
- Studio/group lesson
- Evening arts and cultural experiences
- Specialized track offerings (if selected)
- Electives will be assigned based upon availability; first choice is not guaranteed.
- Music technology
- Group piano class
- Group guitar class
- Percussion ensemble (percussion students only)
- Alexander technique*