Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Dates to be determined
9 am - 4:30 pm; 7 PDU; $429; Baldwin Wallace, Berea
Instructor: Crickett Rastall
As teams get leaner and work paces gets faster, the ability to tackle daily difficulties more efficiently and effectively to increase your team’s productivity is more important than ever. You need to think critically, analyze problems, and determine the best possible solutions in the shortest amount of time.
This hands-on course takes participants through the process of making better decisions through critical thinking and creative problem solving. Simulations and practical exercises in defining true problems, analyzing causes, creating targeted options, deciding what’s best, and then implementing solutions are designed to carry over and immediately help you in your own work environment.
- Understand critical thinking and the steps/tools needed to successfully solve problems
- Analyze evidence to identify the root cause of a problem
- Apply critical thinking/problem solving skills to issues related to your industry/job
- Quickly and effectively make win-win decisions
- Identify your own problem solving style and recognize the top 10 rules of good decision making
Target Audience: The workshop is applicable for professionals of any level who want to improve their ability to think critically, analyze problems, and determine the best possible solutions in the shortest amount of time.
- Ice Breaker
- Critical Thinking
- The Need for Critical Thinking Skills
- What Is Critical Thinking?
- Problem Solving
- What Is Problem Solving?
- Types of Problems Encountered
- The Problem Solving Model
- Tools and Techniques for Solving Problem
- Activity: Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- The Decision-Making Process
- Decision-Making Traps
- Activity: Decision Making
- Theory to Application
- Tool Identification and Practice
- Case Study