Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
March 18 & 19, 2014
9 am - 4:30 pm; 14 PDU; $829; Baldwin Wallace, Berea
Instructor: Frank Francosky
Yellow Belt certification provides an overall insight to the techniques of Six Sigma, its metrics, and basic improvement methodologies. This course will focus on the components of Six Sigma process improvement that are relevant for transactional services industries. It is designed to help individuals apply basic process improvement tools and be effective members of teams engaged in Six Sigma projects. The course will provide an understanding of the Six Sigma Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology, concepts, and basic process improvement tools. Basic Lean concepts will be integrated into the course content.
The course will introduce the following DMAIC tools: Key processes identification, project definition, process maps, SIPOC, Supplier and customer requirements validation, measurement systems, affinity diagram, Pareto chart, trend chart, histogram, fishbone diagram, 5-why analysis, scatter plots, FMEA, error-proofing, control charts and control plans.
Case studies will be used to apply the tools to the Six Sigma framework. The DMAIC methodology will be presented with case studies and examples from service and business process applications. Service-oriented industries will include insurance, healthcare, financial services, and other administrative functions.
- Understand the five-step D-M-A-I-C methodology framework used for process improvement
- Understand the benefits and implications of a Six Sigma program
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization
- Recognize the organizational factors necessary for a successful Six Sigma program deployment
- Learn to apply basic process improvement tools within the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement model
- Complete final assessment on the methodology and tools for Yellow Belt Certification
Target Audience: Individuals who need familiarity with the Lean Six Sigma process and basic process improvement tools, teams and organizations that are beginning to deploy Six Sigma, or individuals who want to improve their knowledge and skills in the DMAIC process and techniques.
- Ice Breaker
- The History of Six Sigma
- The Basic Concept of Six Sigma
- Awareness of the three Six Sigma Methodologies
- Learn to Apply the DMAIC Methodology
- DMAIC Tools Overview
- DMAIC Tool Exercises
- Lean Six Sigma Overview
- Service Sector Case Studies
- Case Study Exercise
- Case Debrief
- Review Tools Checklist
- Formal Questions and Answers/Discussion