HRs Role in Sustainability
Call for more information
9 am - 12 noon; 3 PDU; Baldwin Wallace, Berea
Instructor: Lori Long
As organizations strive to address the environmental and societal impacts of their business practices, a focus on sustainability becomes a strategic approach to help an organization maintain a competitive advantage. Many organizations are now taking seriously the "triple bottom line" of people, planet, and profit in measuring success.
Increasingly, the human resource function of the organization can play a key role in meeting the triple bottom line. The role of HR is critical to support sustainability efforts and also to leverage those efforts to attract, retain and develop employees. According to the SHRM 2011 Report, Advancing Sustainability: HR’s Role, 49% of businesses engaging in sustainable practices felt it was very important in attracting top talent. This workshop will help you better understand what sustainability is, and how HR can become a strategic partner in leading and integrating sustainability efforts into the workplace.
- Understand the exological, economical and social definitions of sustainability
- Identify links between HR strategic, objectives and an organization's sustainability efforts
- Determine how sustainability efforts influence HR program design in recruitment, employee engagement and leadership development
- Assess the sustainability efforts of your organization
- Develop a plan to support your organization's sustainability efforts
Target Audience: Human resource generalists, managers or directors who have responsibility in designing and implementing HR programs and are interested in learning more about sustainability.