Applications for 2015-2016 SYE Program are due:
March 6, 2015
Click here to apply.
Kerry Mullen, Housing Coordinator
Interested in S.T.E.M.?
Ritter Library, Room 219
(440) 826-3577 (fax)
SYE and General questions?
Dr. Lisa Henderson
Center for Academic & Professional Success
CARMEL/LIVING LEARNING CENTER
Carmel is a living learning community (LLC) which links academic course work and specialized programming within the residence hall. As a carmel resident, student are presented with many valuable "life" opportunities:
- Meet Peer Mentors who aid students in questions pertaining to majors, classes, clubs and more
- Cultivate greater awareness of personal beliefs and values
- Explore academic and career goals
- Enhance intercultural knowledge and competence
- Develop a deeper understanding of personal and civic responsibility
- Connect with others in the residential, campus and local communities
Two specific LLC programs are housed in Carmel. Those include the Science-Technology-Engineering-Math (S.T.E.M.) and the Sophomore Year Experience (SYE) communities.
S.T.E.M. Living Learning Community
Provides students that are in a STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) major an optional residential setting to live and learn with other students in teh STEM majors. Programming such as speakers, dinner discussions with S.T.E.M. professors are provided by the Residence Life staff.
Sophomore Year Experience (SYE) Living Learning Community
Provides sophomore students a career preparation and exploration experience. Students enroll in a Career Decision Making mini-mester course andparticipate in multiple outlets that will enhance their in and out of classroom experience.