Download the Air Conditioner Request Form
Request for Medical Air Conditioner
Baldwin Wallace University requires students to provide documentation of their diagnosis (from a physician or health care provider) and complete the Air Conditioner Request form in order to have an air conditioner unit installed in their residence hall room.
A request for use of a personal air conditioner (A/C) in your campus residence will be approved under the following conditions:
- You must have a chronic medical condition that necessitates use of an A/C.
- You must complete the Air Conditioner Request form and send it to the Office of Residence Life.
- You must have your physician or healthcare provider complete the Chronic Medical Condition Verification Form (included within the Air Conditioner Request Form) and submit it as documentation of your chronic medical condition to the Office of Residence Life.
The diagnosing professional may not be a family member.
- A note on a prescription pad is not an acceptable form of documentation.
- It is the students' responsibility to confirm receipt of the documentation.
- All documentation can be faxed to the Office of Residence Life at 440-826-3730.
- The request is valid for ONE academic year only.
Upon receipt of the documentation and request form, the Office of Residence Life will evaluate your air conditioner request. Students whose request has been approved will be sent a confirmation email. Once approved, it is your responsibility to:
- Purchase the air conditioner. The unit must be portable, less than 8,000 BTU's, and be able to plug into a 110 volt electrical outlet.
- Bring your air conditioner on the check-in date listed on your Air Conditioner Request Form. There will not be any Residence Life staff available to grant you access to drop off the unit before your check-in date.
- Have the portable unit in your room ready to install. Please leave it out in the open so it is visible to the installers. Installation will be delayed if the unit is not available when B&G arrives.
- Make arrangements with B&G to have the unit removed at the close of the academic year.
**Installation of your unit will occur within ten (10) business days of your check-in date. Our B&G department works diligently to install all air conditioners based on the check-in date provided on the request form. Since they get many requests at the beginning of the school year, it is advisable to submit your request and documentation early for prompt installation.
**No units will be installed after October 1, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 440-826-2114.