Urban Semester '16 Info Sessions
(Tues.) March 3rd - 12:00pm Sandstone 2
Experience CLE event: March 24th 11-1pm Union
Alumni Spotlight Meet our alumni
Check out the video by Urban Semester '11
Urban Semester Program - Spring 2016
Live, Work, Study & Explore Cleveland!
The Urban Semester Program is a collaboration between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. Urban Semester participants LIVE together at the Archwood House, a BW-owned facility in Cleveland's Brooklyn Centre neighborhood. STUDY Take classes together at the Archwood House. WORK Gain real-world experience through a non-profit internship at a local non-profit organization. EXPLORE Spend your semester exploring Cleveland through arts, culture, food, and service experiences!
- CONNECT with BW students, local professionals and community leaders.
- COMPLETE the Urban Studies Minor and EXP graduation requirement in 1 semester.
- DISCOVER your professional and personal passion.
- DEVELOP professional skills through a non-profit internship.
- SERVE with fellow participants through service-learning courses and other group service opportunities!
- EXPLORE Cleveland's vibrant arts and cultural communities, food scene and diverse neighborhoods.
•UST 199D –Community Engagement
•UST 263 – Urban Studies Practicum
•HPE 373 – Urban Health & Disparities
•SOC 303 – Urban Community Life
•PSY 345D – Multicultural Psychology
Participants also have an internship at a non-profit organization! Students earn 18 credit hours and complete the Urban Studies Minor in just 1 semester!
Participants live together in the Archwood House, sharing residence hall style bedrooms, living room and dining room facilities. Responsibility for cooking and cleaning is shared by household members. A Graduate Assistant lives on site and is responsible for guiding the group in setting community standards and enforcing BW's policies. The Archwood House is a substance-free environment.
For additional information contact: