Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time do I have to commit to be in the marching band?
The band practices for 2 hours twice a week during the marching season and also has a short rehearsal the day of a performance.
2. I'm in the Conservatory. Can I still be in the band?
Yes! The time commitment is very small. Music Education Majors, in particular, will have many opportunities to assist with the development of the show design.
3. How much does it cost to be a part of the Marching Yellow Jackets?
The cost is very minimal. You will need to provide your own white "band shoe" at an approximate cost of $22.00 and white sox. All other parts of the uniform are provided.
4. Will there be a "band camp" before the start of classes in August?
Yes! The band will meet in August before the start of school. Expenses for room and board will be paid by the band. This will be a great opportunity to come to campus early, get settled and meet other students who share some of the same interests as you. In addition to our regular marching rehearsals other social activities are planned for you to get acquainted with the BW family.
5. How do I join or find out more information?
Director of Athletic Bands
Baldwin Wallace University
Please check out the BW Marching Yellow Jackets