Greek Moving Company
2013 Participant Information
We want to have people apply who are committed and dedicated to the program. This program offers a positive recruitment and public relations opportunity for the fraternities and sororities - please consider this when applying.
The requirements for the Greek Moving Company are as follows:
- Informational Meeting Attendance
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. in SSIII of the Strosacker Union. The meeting should last no more than 30 minutes and will go over the specifics for move-in day.
- Moving Day
Help students move in to the Residence Halls on Thursday, August 22, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Participation Contract and Fee Payment
Participants will need to sign the Greek Moving Company contract by Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. after being notified that they have been selected. Each participant will need to pay the $5.00 participation fee by Friday, May 3, 2013 by 2:00 p.m. after being notified that they have been selected.
Participants need to request off of work for these days if needed.
ANYONE LIVING IN CAMPUS HOUSING THIS FALL: You will move into fall housing Tuesday, August 21, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Please DO NOT REGISTER for early move-in, the Office of Greek Life will take care of it.
By submitting this application, I agree to the following terms:
- I realize that the use of alcohol is NOT permitted in campus housing from now until the first day of classes. Violation of this policy will result in being asked to vacate campus housing until classes begin on Monday, August 26, 2013.
- I agree to actively participate with the Greek Moving Co. on Thursday, August, 22, 2013. This will be tracked through checking in and out, as well as periodic monitoring by supervisors. Failure to do so will result in being billed $25/ per day for early move in.
- I understand that this opportunity is a privilege provided by the BW Office of Greek Life, and my actions should reflect accordingly. I agree to follow all Recruitment rules of the respective Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC) and Inter Fraternity Council (IFC) and recruit for the entire Fraternity/Sorority Community.
- I agree to pay the $5.00 participation fee by Friday, May 3, 2013 by 2:00 p.m. to the Office of Greek Life. In addition, I understand that the Office of Greek Life may terminate my participation in the Greek Moving Company at any time if my actions deem so, which will result in being billed $25/per day for early move in.
- I will meet the requirement of having a 2.5 GPA and a clear conduct record.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:00 noon.