EXECUTIVE BRANCH of the Baldwin Wallace University Student Government
The Executive Branch of the Baldwin Wallace University Student Government includes the Student Body President, Student Body Vice President, Student Body Treasurer and Assistant Student Body Treasurer.
The Student Body President and Vice President serve as liaisons between the student body and the university administration. Potential candidates run as a ticket, with elections being held the fifth week of the each spring semester (term of office is February-February) and the Inauguration Ceremony taking place the seventh week of spring semester. All full-time undergraduate students are eligible to vote.
To run for Student Body President, a candidate must be a full-time undergraduate student with at least junior status and be in good standing with the university. To run for Student Body Vice President, a candidate must be a full-time undergraduate student with at least sophomore status and be in good standing with the university.
The Student Body President (the following is not an all-inclusive list):
* Executes and upholds the Constitution of the Baldwin Wallace Student Body
* Executes all student laws as passed by the Senate
* Appoints student to all appropriate student/faculty committees
* Appoints Supreme Court Justices jointly with the President of the Senate
* Gives the Senate Information on the state of the campus and recommendations for its consideration on such measures deemed necessary and expedient
The Student Body Vice President (the following is not an all-inclusive list):
* Serves as acting Student Body President in the unavoidable absence of the Student Body President
* Creates (with the approval of the Student Body President) commissions, committees, and other functional bodies and appoints their membership as deemed necessary
* Chairs committees of student organizations as outlined in Student Government Code
ASHLEY KING TOM JACKSON
Student Body President Student Body Vice President
Year: Junior Year: Junior
Majors: Human Resource Management Major: International Business
& Marketing Hometown: Hermitage, PA
Hometown: Ravenna, OH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: email@example.com Office Phone: 440-826-8170
Office Phone: 440-826-8121
The Student Body Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer oversee the financial operations of Student Government, including the current budgets of all Student Government funded organizations.
The Student Body Treasurer is appointed by the Student Body President and confirmed by the Student Senate. The Assistant Student Body Treasurer is selected by the Student Body Treasurer and Student Body President and confirmed by the Student Senate.
The Student Body Treasurer (the following is not an all-inclusive list):
* Keeps accurate records for all accounts funded by Student Government
* Suspends any fiscal activities s/he finds to be suspicious and notifies the Student Body President and the Senate of such action along with offering recommendations of solutions. Upon such notification, the suspension will be terminated unless the Senate grants and extension
* Maintains good relations with treasurers of funded organizations
* Conducts regular audits of Student Government funded organizations
BRETT RODGERS TYLER LEE
Student Body Treasurer Assistant Student Body Treasurer
Year: Senior Year: Junior
Hometown: Litchfield, OH Hometown: Nitro, WV
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com