Dance Marathon Committee Applications
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position on a Dance Marathon 2015 Committee!
Dance Marathon 2015 will be on February 28, 2015!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
All of our fundraising efforts go towards the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
All committee members are required to also raise the minimum fundraising goal (TBD) and be present at the entire marathon and available the night before for set up and preparation. They also need to attend any major programs and committee meetings throughout the year.
We have positions available on all committees which are:
- Fundraising & Sponsorship - Works with the committee chairperson in coordinating fundraisers for dancers & committee members, finding sponsors for the event, and coordinating the Silent Auction.
- Hospitality - Works with the committee chairperson in coordinating food, snacks, and other "welcoming" items for the dancers during the event.
- Educational Programming- Works with the committee chairperson in educating the BW campus & community about HIV/AIDS through various programming efforts throughout the year, during World AIDS Week in December, and at the event.
- Public Relations - Works with the committee chairperson in promoting Dance Marathon through several different PR & Marketing tactics to various organizations on and off campus (i.e. creation of advertisements, speaking to campus organizations, contacting local media)
- Morale - Work with the committee chairperson and will be responsible for designing and teaching short choreographed dances for the event. Committee members will work with a group of dancers leading up to and during the event to keep them motivated during all activities.
Dancer Relations - Works with the committee chairperson in coordinating all the logistics for the dancers participating in the marathon. They will put together Tshirts, organize teams, communicate with all the dancers once they register for the marathon, and put together the dancer bags for participants at the marathon.
Dancer Recruitment - Works with the committee chairperson in coordinating all aspects of Dancer Recruitment, including the kick off event, speaking at College 101/FYE classes, tabling during the semester, and all other recruitment activities.
Entertainment and Facilities - Works with the committee chairperson in coordinating logistical details of the event, including schedule, speakers, activities, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: All committee members are required to commit to all the above duties, be present at the entire event, and raise the minimum fundraising amount.