Hours: M - F 8:30 - 12:00 & 1:00 - 5:00
Location: Ritter Library 2nd Floor
(440) 826-6894 (fax)
This article by Dr. Jane Jarrow highlights some of the problems that occur when faculty provide academic accommodations for students without a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) from Disability Services. Read more here!
Resources for Faculty & Staff
The Learning Center and Disability Services for Students (DSS) are dedicated to offering direction, advice and support to the faculty, staff and administration at Baldwin Wallace University. We value and appreciate all members of the BW community and encourage you to contact our office with questions.
As a campus community we have a shared and vested interest in the success of BW students. Our staff values the confidentiality of our students and works directly with them to determine eligibility and appropriate, reasonable accommodations. With the students' permission, a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) from DSS will be emailed to you. This LOA outlines the specific accommodations you are responsible for providing to ensure students have an equal opportunity to acquire and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and behaviors in the classroom setting.
Faculty and staff who receive a LOA from DSS are asked to:
- Maintain the information in a confidential manner.
- Discuss with the student, how the accommodations will be provided within the requirements of your course.
- Contact the Disability Specialist (Erin Kelley, email@example.com) or Director of Disability Services (Alsace Toure, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the accommodations or how the accommodations can be implemented within your course.
- Inform the student if there is a need to share the accommodation information and with whom it will be shared.
- Work with the student to implement the accommodations.