Erin Kelley, Disability Specialist
Hours: M - F 8:30 - 5:00
Location: Ritter Library, 2nd Floor
Phone: (440) 826-2147
Confidential Fax: (440) 826-3832
Get Connected with DSS
The process outlined below is for students with documented disabilities looking to apply for accommodations and services at BW. This process should be followed for students offered admission to BW.
1. Self-disclose the disability to DSS by emailing: email@example.com. Please include your name and BW ID number.
2. Complete and submit the DSS application.
3. Submit appropriate documentation. Follow the link to the documentation guidelines and verification forms.
4. Schedule a Student Welcome Meeting.
5. Follow DSS policies and procedures.
Disability Services for Students
Welcome to Baldwin Wallace University!
Mission: The Mission of Disability Services for Students (DSS) is to create usable, equitable, inclusive learning environments for qualified students with disabilities by ensuring equal access to all University programs, services and activities. DSS is committed to working with students, faculty and staff in the development and implementation of appropriate accommodations while maintaining the academic standards and course integrity of Baldwin Wallace University.
Vision: Our Vision is to enhance services for students with disabilities through information dissemination, awareness training and professional development of faculty and staff while providing academic adjustments and promoting self-determination and independence.
- Believe in the potential of every student
- Foster a safe environment that allows for easy access to resources
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistent, streamlined, transparent and disseminated to the campus community
- Serve as an advocate for issues regarding students with disabilities
- Ensure equal access to education at Baldwin Wallace
- Collaborate and consult with faculty and staff regarding academic accommodations, compliance with legal responsibilities regarding instructional, curricular and programmatic modifications
- Provide disability awareness training, programming and staff development to foster an understanding of policies, practices and procedures regarding students with disabilities