Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Studies
Summer Scholars Program application due:
Friday, February 27, 2015
(see instructions below)
Click here to view the Summer Scholars Information Session 2015 PowerPoint.
Summer Scholars Program
The Summer Scholars Program (SSP) is a funded, ten (10) week intensive session that provides an opportunity for Baldwin Wallace University students to pursue research or creative projects of their own design under the supervision of a faculty mentor. Summer Scholars live together on campus during those weeks and have extensive opportunities to engage in collaborative activities within an intellectual community. This program is open to students pursuing any major offered at BW and who are in good academic standing. Summer Scholars are awarded a $3,500 stipend, free summer housing and up to $500 to pay for supplies, services, and/or travel in direct support of their research projects. Faculty mentors receive a $1,200 stipend and are expected to work closely to challenge, guide and support student researchers during the summer session. This “high impact” practice is a meaningful and fun way for students and faculty to spend part of the summer.
- Students must possess and maintain good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00.
- Students must complete at least 45 hours of academic credit at the time of application.
- Students must enroll and complete at least one (1) additional semester as an undergraduate student at BW during the term following the SSP.
- Students must agree to full-time participation in the SSP (a minimum of 40 hours per week).
- Students must complete and submit an application for participation in the SSP by the announced deadline.
- The SSP application must be endorsed by a BW faculty member who agrees to serve as the mentor for the proposed project. The faculty member must complete a faculty recommendation for the student application to be considered.
- Applications are reviewed and evaluated by a selection committee comprised of BW faculty.
Please click here for a more detailed description and the application and participation guidelines for the Summer Scholars Program.
Complete the application outline and save as a word document.
Students: Click here to complete the information form; attach your application outline; and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the program. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
Faculty: Click here to complete the faculty recommendation form and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the program.