RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES BEYOND THE BW CAMPUS
Evolution Conference: Deadline to apply is March 30, 2012. For the tenth consecutive year, the Undergraduate Diversity at SSE/SSB program, funded by the Undergraduate Research and Mentoring (URM) program at NSF and NESCent, will take place again at the 2012 meeting of the Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE) and the Society of Systematic Biologists (SSB) in Ottowa, Canada, July 6-10. This year the program will be led and funded entirely by the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent) in Durham, NC.
More information can be found here: http://www.oeb.harvard.edu/faculty/edwards/community/application.html
Wondering what to do this summer?
How about pursuing some research or other creative work? If you wish to do some scholarly work off campus consider applying for one of the opportunities listed below. You will be paid to participate in many of the opportunities. Travel/living expenses are sometimes covered as well. Why not explore some of these great chances to do research, scholarship or other creative work?
- MIT Amgen UROP Scholars Program
- University of California
- Caltech- MURF Scholarship
- Washington, D.C.- Department of Commerce
- Western Kentucky University
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Energy
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of Missouri
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- University of Toledo, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Virginia Tech/Ghana
- MIDAS: University of Pittsburgh
- Keck Geology Consortium
- Georgia State University
- Texas A & M University
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas
Websites with multiple off-campus opportunities listed:
- Sciences: National Science Foundation
- Sciences: Amgen Scholarship
- Biomedical sciences: NIH Summer Internship Program
- Physical sciences: NIST Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- Multi-disciplinary: U.S. Department of Energy
- Multi-disciplinary: University of California, Irvine, UROP
- Neuroscience: Different Locations
- Multi-disciplinary: Internships based on Science Careers
Note: This is just a sampling of the opportunities available. To see more, do a Google search using words like "summer undergraduate arts sciences programs": http://google.com
Multi-disciplinary: Grants.gov: Search for grant opportunities
Present at Forums
- NCUR 2012, National Conference on Undergraduate Research. March 29- March 31, 2012. Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
- 2012 Posters on the Hill, Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR). Washington, DC.
- National Undergraduate Literature Conference. April 5-7, 2012 Ogden, UT.
*Through the URCS Presentation Grants program, BW students may receive financial assistance to pay for travel expenses at conferences up to $500.
For further information on opportunities beyond Baldwin Wallace's campus please visit: