Buildings & Grounds Department and how it supports the University's Mission
The Buildings & Grounds department supports the Baldwin Wallace University Mission statement by providing a supportive environment that is committed to providing quality services to students, faculty and staff in a responsive and caring manner. Examples of this are:
- Creating a comfortable environment for learning and living by regulating building heating, cooling, electrical, gas and water system.
- Responding to crisis on campus to help protect the safety of students, staff, and faculty. (i.e.;)
- Plumbing problems
- Heating problems
- Ice/snow problems
- Electrical problems
- Other building problems
- Maintaining existing security systems to a high degree of readiness. Installing new fire protection and security systems. Involving local authorities in inspecting facilities and systems.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism, workmanship and integrity in all aspects of what Buildings & Grounds does.
- Renovating existing facilities to meet today's needs.
- Maintaining and improving the outdoor learning environment of the campus. B&G creates and maintains a safe, clean, functional landscape for students, faculty and staff by:
- Supporting outdoor events for the campus community and offering a positive first impression to visitors of our campus and community.
- Maintaining safe walkways and parking lots through snow removal, salting and repairing any tripping hazards.
- Continuing to make improvements that not only add to beautification but address the needs of accessibility for our handicap students.
- Instituting and maintaining a Safety Program including an MSDS Program that ensures staff, students, and local emergency responders that they will have accurate and immediate information in the need of an emergency.
- Receiving, documenting and delivering, in a timely manner, items important and necessary to the daily functioning of the campus. (i.e. lab animal deliveries)
- By preparing our Campus for the Future. Examples are:
- Keeping facilities updated through new construction.
- Mentoring work studies and helping to prepare students by teaching them life skills.
- Studying and implementing new ways to keep our University environmentally friendly.