IRB Review Criteria
If any of the following criteria apply to your human subjects’ research then IRB approval prior to initiation is required, irrespective of funding.
- The research is conducted by University faculty, staff, or students
- The procedures are performed on the premises of the University
- The procedures are performed with or involve the use of facilities or equipment belonging to the University
- The research involves University students, staff, or faculty
- The research project satisfies a requirement imposed by the University as the condition for the award of a degree or for completion of a course of study in the University
- The research project satisfies an obligation of the faculty appointment at the University, as consistent with departmental research goals and objectives, including "clinical or adjunct" appointments