fyoō zh ən: new music + dance
The results of this innovative collaboration will be presented at fyoō zh ən: new music + dance, March 22-24 at 7:30 p.m. and March 25 at 2 p.m. at the Kleist Center for Art & Drama, Bagley Rd in Berea.
Musical styles range from classical to contemporary to electronic. To keep up with these diverse genres of music, dance styles will include tap, jazz, modern and contemporary ballet. The event will use more than 30 student dancers, along with 10 student composers from various departments in the BW Conservatory of Music, and 8 student choreographers.
This unique experience will allow the students to be in complete control of their work, with free artistic reign over every aspect of the piece, from music to lighting, costuming to movement. This dance concert is sure to be an innovative and memorable experience for all!
General admission is $10, senior citizen and student admission is $5. For more information, contact the John Patrick Theatre at (440) 826-2240, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Sean Ellis-Hussey composes for choreographers Carolyn MacNaughton and Zach Pfiel
- Megan Krainz composes for choreographer Kaley McCarthy
- Nick Wilders composes for choreographer Chelsea Lewis
- Andrew Cooper composes for choreographers Robert Williams and Andrew Way
- Julian Karahalios composes for choreographer Duncan Barrett Brown
- Daniel English composes for choreographer Ally Rosecrans
- Michael Revis composes for choreographer Jessi Blanarik
- Braden Pontoli composes for choreographer Rachel Reszler
- Ryan Fielding Garrett composes for choreographer Greg Daniels
- Dryden Meints composes for choreographer Sara Whale