New students meet with an academic advisor prior to enrollment. We suggest current students meet with their academic advisor at least once a semester.
Academic Advising for Adult Students
Our professional academic advising staff offers you customized guidance and support whether you're completing a degree, a certificate program or just taking courses. The staff is available to address questions about the BW academic program and transfer credits, help you develop a graduation roadmap, direct you to learning support and make referrals to other college offices or services as needed.
Features of academic advising
- Flexible appointment times; before work, over lunch time, or late afternoon
- Meet in-person, over the phone, or virtually
- Opportunity for on-going, one-to-one contact with a concerned representative of the institution
- Receive encouragement, respect, and assistance with establishing educational goals and objectives
- New students are strongly encouraged to meet one on one with an academic advisor before starting classes