BW Endowment: Gifts that Help Forever
”One of the best ways for donors to make a lasting impact at Baldwin Wallace University is through the establishment of a named, endowed fund.” — President Robert Helmer
The BW Endowment links past, current and future generations. Our Endowment is composed of individual funds established through charitable gifts held in perpetuity and invested in a manner that protects the principal. The investment income provides a stable funding source for scholarships, professorships, program funds, research funds and other special purpose funds.
Gifts to the endowment provide financial stability, encourage innovation and allow for flexibility to help BW move forward in important ways. Since endowment gifts continue to give over time, they ensure the long-term well-being of the University. In other words, your gifts will help enable generations of students to benefit from a higher quality of education, now and in the future.
Baldwin Wallace has a long history of endowed scholarship support from alumni, faculty, trustees and friends. More than 365 named scholarships provide in excess of $3.1 million each year, helping students attend, persist and graduate from BW. The minimum amount needed to establish an endowed scholarship is $25,000 which can be funded with a single gift or built over time. Keeping the cost of higher education accessible and affordable is critically important now and in the foreseeable future. Growing the BW Endowment is one of our greatest needs and highest priorities at this time.
Consider Your Impact
We ask donors to consider the impact they hope to make through their named fund. The answer often guides their philanthropic investment in BW. The chart below provides information about the expected annual distribution available for scholarship awards, based on endowment size:
Annual amount available for scholarship awards
Donors may choose to make an undesignated gift to the Endowment, contribute to an existing endowed fund or direct their philanthropy in a personally meaningful way to support a variety of initiatives, including:
- Program and research funds
- Professorships and faculty development funds
Your Gift to the BW Endowment
Each BW experience is unique. Our goal is to make sure all members of the BW community have the opportunity to provide endowment support in a personally meaningful way.
We offer a wide range of opportunities for you to carry forward your own legacy or honor a loved one:
- Scholarship endowments create a perennial, targeted source of funding for students.
- Faculty endowments provide direct faculty support including endowed or named chairs that enable BW to attract and keep the brightest and most engaging minds.
- Program endowments to initiate or expand opportunities for students, within and beyond the classroom.
- Unrestricted endowment funds or gifts to existing endowment that support University priorities and special needs.
Endowment funds can be established in a way that works best for you, including:
- Outright gifts of cash or appreciated securities, either all at once or built over time.
- Planned gifts that dedicate a portion of your estate to create an endowment legacy.
- Combination gifts of outright and planned gift support.
As you explore ways to make an impact at BW, we welcome your questions and conversation. For more information, please call the Development Office at (440) 826-2104