Financial Aid

Value = Quality + Affordability

Financial Aid - Student Employment

Many students choose to cover some College costs through part-time campus employment. There are two types of campus employment for students: Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Non Work-Study.

This is a great article about landing a work-study job!

Student Employment Manual

The  Student Employment Manual has been prepared for the benefit of Baldwin Wallace University students and for faculty and staff who hire student assistants.  The manual outlinesKammsteps.jpg procedures and offers guidelines to be used for hiring, paying, and terminating student employees.  In addition, we have attempted to express the philosophy of employing student workers and to explain the rights and responsibilities of students and their employers.

Who is eligible to work on campus? 

Students who are full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours) and seeking their first Bachelors Degree at BW.

The FWS program is awarded as part of a student's financial aid award, according to individual financial need. The Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility using the information we receive from the FAFSA. If you are eligible for FWS, it will be listed on your Financial Award Letter as part of your financial aid. If FWS is not listed on your award letter, you are not eligible for FWS.

Students who are registered full-time (at least 12 credit hours each semester) and have Federal Work Study as part of their Financial Aid Award are to be given priority for hire.

Students without FWS (Non work study) may begin seeking student employment starting with the fourth week of the semester.
There is no difference in the pay rate for FWS and non work study

How do I find a job on campus?

Check with the Student Employment Center (SEC) on the second floor of the Bonds Administration Building or access the SEC Web Page:

How many hours per week will I be allowed to work?

This is determined by the dollar amount of your Federal Work Study awarded as part of your financial aid award. ($2,000/30/pay rate = number of hours permitted to work each week during an academic year)
Non Work-Study students are limited to ten hours of work per week during an academic year.
What paper work do I need to have on file with SEC before I begin work? 
You'll need to complete an I-9 Form, a W-4 Form, the Ohio School Tax District Form, and a Direct Deposit Form.
How much will I be paid? 

Student jobs on campus pay State of Ohio minimum wage.  Your supervisor will inform you if your position is one that pays above the State of Ohio minimum wage. 
How do I get paid? 

Students are paid every two weeks. Payday is on Friday. Students will have the choice to either have their paycheck directly deposited into their personal savings/checking account or directly into their student billing account with the college.
A note about FWS
Being offered FWS eligibility on your Award Letter does not require you to work on campus; nor does it mean you are guaranteed a job; nor does it mean that you will earn the maximum eligibility listed on your award letter. FWS is considered "self-help aid." If you choose not to participate with FWS, it will not be replaced with gift aid.
Share |