Login and Password
A user is given their own unique login and password to use in Colleague. Each user is responsible to make sure that another individual cannot access this information and gain access to the student system.
- You should NEVER allow anyone to login under your login or password.
- Student Workers should not enter or change information in Colleague. If they need to look at
information in Colleague to perform their responsibilities they must also go through the FERPA
Tutorial and fill out the FERPA Agreement. They are then given their own unique login and
password. Student workers are given access for one semester. They must file a new agreement
every semester. The supervisor that signs off on their form is responsible that the student worker
- Logout of colleague whenever you will not be at your desk. The institution is responsible for
any unauthorized persons. Laptops need to be placed in a secure place at all times. Do not
store personally identifiable student information on your laptop.
- Be aware of the positioning of your computer screen so that it is not visually available to
unauthorized persons. Laptops need to be placed in a secure place at all times. Do not store
personally identifiable student information on your laptop.
- Paperwork containing student identifiable information should be put away whenever you are not at your desk.
Begin the FERPA Quiz >>
Return to previous page.