BW Men’s Tennis Team Defeats Ohio Wesleyan, 8-1, at Oberlin to Improve to 7-0
OBERLIN, OHIO -- The Baldwin Wallace University men’s tennis team defeated North Coast Athletic Conference competitor Ohio Weslyan University, 8-1, today (Saturday, February 25, 2012) at the John W. Heisman Field House.
With its victory, BW improved to 7-0 this season and 5-0 during the winter portion of its schedule. With its loss, OWU is now 2-5 overall.
In singles play, senior number one player Alex Trzeciak (Avon Lake) won by the score of 6-0 and 6-3, junior No.2 player Joe Horvath (North Royalton) won by the scores of 6-4 and 6-3 , junior No.3 player Kyle Patterson (Wooster/ Triway) won by the scores of 6-1 and 6-2, senior No.4 player Alexandre Bourdiaux ( won by identical scores of 6-2 and 6-2, junior No.5 player Alex Kearney (North Olmsted) won by the scores of 6-1 and 6-0, and junior No.6 player Tyler Beaton (Bemus Point, N.Y./ Maple Grove) won a pro-set score of 8-0.
In doubles action, the No.1 duo of Trzeciak and Bourdiaux won by an 8-1 score and the No.2 tandem of Horvath and Beaton won by an 8-5 tally.
Following its match against Oberlin, the Yellow Jackets are idle until opening play on their annual Spring Break Trip to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina from March 3-10. BW opens action against St. John Fisher (N.Y.) University on March 4 at 6:30 p.m.
FOR MORE BW Sports Information, please contact Sports Information Director Kevin Ruple by telephone at 440-826-2327 and e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Assistant SID Jeff Miller by phone at 440-826-2780 and email at email@example.com Fans can access the latest BW athletics information at www.bw.edu/athletics and we invite you to join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bwyellowjackets and Twitter at http://twitter.com/bwathletics.
Baldwin Wallace 8, Ohio Weslyan University 1
1. Alex Trzeciak (BW) def. Will Thieman (OWU-M) 6-0, 6-3
2. Joe Horvath (BW) def. Ryan Leslie (OWU-M) 6-4, 6-3
3. Kyle Patterson (BW) def. Richie Karban (OWU-M) 6-1, 6-2
4. Alexandre Bourdiaux (BW) def. John Russell (OWU-M) 6-2, 6-2
5. Alexander Kearney (BW) def. Conor Breen (OWU-M) 6-1, 6-0
6. Tyler Beaton (BW) def. Stephan Telepak (OWU-M) 8-0
1. Alex Trzeciak/Alexandre Bourdiaux (BW) def. Will Thieman/Conor Breen (OWU-M) 8-1
2. Joe Horvath/Tyler Beaton (BW) def. Richie Karban/John Rissell (OWU-M) 8-5
3. Ryan Leslie/John Russell (OWU-M) def. Kyle Patterson/Taylor Long (BW) 8-6