1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

  • BW Baldwin Wallace College

4 Year graduation guarantee


Graduate in four years...guaranteed. Or we'll pay the tuition for the extra time it takes you to finish.

At many universities, more than half of the students take five or six or more years to earn a bachelor’s degree. At Baldwin Wallace, we guarantee you'll graduate in four, or we'll pay the tuition for the extra time it takes you to finish.

Starting with the 2012 incoming freshman class, BW is offering its Graduation Guarantee as a way to help families avoid higher education costs associated with postponed graduation.

Why will Baldwin Wallace make this promise?
Because we believe one way to dramatically cut the cost of a higher education is to finish in four years. And besides, 89% of the students who participate in our annual Commencement ceremonies already earn their degree in eight semesters or less.

How's it work?
The BW Graduation Guarantee does NOT require you to start college with a backlog of AP credits, go to summer school or forgo the opportunity to take internships or study abroad. However, it DOES require you meet certain academic and social expectations that include:

  • Coming to BW ready to do college-level work.
  • Signing the Four-Year Graduation Guarantee agreement before you begin your first semester freshman classes at BW. (Specific requirements of the guarantee agreement vary by major.)  You do not need to commit to a major to participate in the Guarantee. Most students declare to a major by spring of the sophomore year, however some programs require an earlier declaration.
  • Using the BW Grad Plan (a software tool that helps you to plan your academic schedule and experiential learning opportunities) and meeting with your academic advisor.
  • Being a full-time student and remaining in good academic standing.
  • Participating in a select number of educational programs designed to ensure your academic success. You must also agree to allow the College to notify your parents/guardians of your grades and academic records.