Adult Degree Completion Program
Jack L. Barnett Jr.
Anticipated graduation year: May, 2011
Degree/Major: Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership with a minor in Communication
Current career field: I am an instructor/trainer for RTA.
Career plans upon graduation:
I plan to advance my career with my current employer and eventually return to school in order to earn my masterís degree.
Has your coursework affected your career plans?
My coursework has given me insight on the intricacies of an organization as well as leadership, which has made me more confident in my ability to be a leader.
Why did you choose to attend B-W?
B-W was recommended to me by my department director and I chose B-W because the Cohort program fits my lifestyle best and also because of B-Wís reputation.
What do you like best about Baldwin-Wallace College?
I like the feeling I get that people I meet are genuinely happy I chose to attend. It shows from the president of the college to the faculty. Everyone truly wants to see me succeed.
How is B-W supporting or preparing you to attain your goals?
1. We have a student advisor that is absolutely the best.
2. I receive emails for events that are pertinent to me and my major.
3. The writing lab is available to help with my papers
4. The professors are willing to go the extra mile for anyone that expresses a need for help.
Other information you would like to share including any advice for new students?
1. Stay organized
2. Stay focused.
3. Keep up with the work.
4. Be responsible and accept the results of your actions
5. Look at criticism as an opportunity for improvement
6. Donít give up!
The program was well suited for an adult learner with a full time job, and B-W has an excellent reputation in the professional world.