1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

  • BW Baldwin Wallace College




Students enrolled in ROTC programs are eligible to receive a Room and Board waiver from Baldwin Wallace University. Students need to follow the guidelines outlined below:

1. Contact the ROTC Recruiter or visit the ROTC website for the armed forces branch you are interested in pursuing. Be sure to research scholarship deadlines, enrollment dates, time requirements, and location of each program. Students at Baldwin Wallace University attend ROTC programs at Kent State University (USAF)and John Carroll University (Army). 

2. Apply to the Baldwin Wallace University by completing the Online Application for Admission or the Common Application

3. Students who enroll at Baldwin Wallace University, must provide the Bursar’s Office official verification of enrollment in the ROTC program at the beginning and end of each semester for up to four years.

4. When the documentation verifying enrollment is received, the Bursar will credit the student with a Room and Board waiver which is reflected in your financial aid package.

5. Students participating in the ROTC Program are eligible to receive a BW Room and Board waiver for up to four academic years (eight semesters) while enrolled full-time at BW. 

6. If the student receives a ROTC Scholarship from the school in which the student is participating in ROTC, then any BW Merit Awards that may have been awarded, would now become "honorary" awards, in name only. This is because the ROTC scholarship normally has a much larger tuition value, making the need for additional Merit Awards unnecessary in paying for the student's cost of tuition.

7. Students may also apply for other need-based financial assistance by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as well as receive any additional external scholarships.

Students can transfer college credit to Baldwin Wallace University upon successful completion of the following coursework:

Air Force ROTC Equivalencies

Course Name

Transfer Course Name

Transfer Course Title


AF 301

Leadership Studies I


AF 302

Leadership Studies II


MSC 201

Team Leadership I


MSC 202

Team Leadership II

PE 131

AF 301

Advanced Physical Conditioning

PE 133

AF 302

Advanced Leadership in Physical Training

Transfer Students

Transfer students abide by the same policy as traditional freshmen and are eligible to receive the room and board waiver for up to four years.