Veterans and Military

Veteran Support Team
Nancy Jirousek, Director of Adult and Continuing Education and Veteran Support Team Leader
Admission Contact: Yvonne Hathorn
Durst Welcome Center


BW is Recognized as a

Yellow Ribbon College

Lauded for its role in supporting veterans, BW has been designated a Yellow Ribbon institution by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. This honor enables qualifying Post-9/11 veterans to attend Baldwin Wallace University tuition free. 

As a veteran ready to continue your education, BW is a great learning community with all the resources of one of America's Best Colleges. Baldwin Wallace is a Yellow Ribbon College and has been named a Military Friendly School for 2012 by G.I. Jobs magazine.

With more than 100 veterans enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs, BW has been recognized for its exceptional programs that serve the educational and transitional needs of veterans returning from active duty as well as those fully immersed in civilian life.

Today at BW, veterans are enrolled in bachelor's and master's degree programs -- studying business, teacher education, chemistry, criminal justice, organizational leadership, computer science, pre-engineering, neuroscience, and much more. 

Attend classes at our main campus in Berea, at BW at Corporate College East in Beachwood Ohio or online.

Visit Baldwin Wallace University

We're glad you're considering Baldwin Wallace University and would like to get  to know you better.  A campus visit will help you get a feel for what it's like to attend BW.  Talk with a counselor, tour the campus, or sit in on a class.  Complete this online visit request form or call 440-826-2091 or to set up time to meet one-on-one with an admission counselor who will talk with you about your educational goals, review transfer credit, discuss courses and help you apply for admission.  The Admission Office is located in the Durst Welcome Center, 115 Tressel Street.

Apply for Admission

Baldwin Wallace University has a selective admission process, and takes many factors into consideration when working with adult students who are applying for admission.  Most adult students who enroll at BW have demonstrated they can perform successfully in the classroom based on prior high school or college records.  BW recognizes that your military experience and training has helped you develop discipline and time management skills.  If you haven't attended college before or were unsuccessful in college at an earlier time in your life, a BW admission counselor may work with you to select courses at a local community college with the goal of transferring to BW in the near future.  Veterans may also take advantage of the Veterans Upward Bound Program at Cuyahoga Community College that offers refresher courses at no cost to eligible veterans. 

Order Your Military Transcripts

Baldwin Wallace University awards up to 25 semester hours of military-related college credit to honorably discharged veterans, and additional transfer credit for courses successfully completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities. As part of the admission process, you should submit copies of your DD Form 214 and other military training records to the Office of Admission.  In addition, submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.  Once you have applied and been admitted to Baldwin Wallace University, the Office of Registration and Records will review any previous college courses and military training for possible college credit.   

Share |