Questions? Click here to see our list of Frequently Asked Questions!
According to a report by the Center on Education and the Workforce, eight million new jobs will be available in STEM-related fields by 2018. People with a bachelor's degree in a STEM major earn roughly $500,000 more over their lifetimes than non-STEM majors.
As a BW freshman, you can collaborate with faculty, work in state-of-the-art facilities and conduct research. Why wait until you are an upperclassman? Having the opportunity to gain four years of hands-on experience before you graduate sets you apart from the competition!
The Choose Ohio First STEM Scholarship Program is funded by the State of Ohio on an annual basis as part of the state's strategic effort to significantly strengthen Ohio's position in world markets such as aerospace, medicine, computer technology and alternative energy.
Choose Ohio First STEM Scholars Program
Incoming students pursuing eligible STEM majors may apply to BW's Choose Ohio First STEM Scholars Program. Our STEM Scholars receive financial, academic, and social support and graduate with STEM degrees at rates that well exceed national averages!
STEM Scholars will:
- receive $5,000 (full-time) or $2,500 (part-time) per academic year for up to four years
- participate in the program's coaching, educational, and social activities
- meet with a personal STEM Scholar success coach each semester
- complete a hands-on experience
- learn how to build strong social networks
- engage with business leaders
- explore innovation and entrepreneurship through academic and project-based experiences
- have the option of applying to reside in the STEM Living Learning Community (indicate this preference on your housing application)
- maintain Good Academic Standing with the University and earn a satisfactory grade point average (at least a 2.5 GPA for freshmen)
Incoming freshmen, transfer, adult, and veteran students who have been admitted to Baldwin Wallace and are Ohio residents are eligible to apply. Underrepresented and first-generation students are encouraged to apply.
The complete application consists of two parts: a student application and a nomination. Students and nominators may email complete application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application materials may be opened and completed using Adobe Reader. To download a free copy of this software, please click here.
Deadlines (incoming freshmen)
Deadlines for incoming 2015-16 freshmen are:
- February 1, 2015
- March 1, 2015
- April 1, 2015
Deadlines (transfer, adult, and veteran students)
Deadlines for incoming 2015-16 transfer, adult, and veteran students are:
- June 1, 2015
- July 1, 2015
- August 1, 2015