Stem Scholars Program
(440) 826-3408, firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose Ohio First STEM Scholars Program
Baldwin Wallace University offers an innovative, proven success program to prepare students for careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The Choose Ohio First STEM Scholars Program is funded by the State of Ohio on an annual basis as part of the state's strategic effort to significantly strengthen Ohio's position in world markets such as aerospace, medicine, computer technology and alternative energy.
According to a report by the Center on Education and the Workforce, eight million new jobs will be available in STEM-related fields by 2018. People with a bachelor's degree in a STEM major earn roughly $500,000 more over their lifetimes than non-STEM majors.
As a BW freshman, you can collaborate with faculty, work in state-of-the-art facilities and conduct research. Why wait until you are an upperclassman? Having the opportunity to gain four years of hands-on experience before you graduate sets you apart from the competition.
Incoming students pursuing eligible STEM majors may apply to BW's Choose Ohio First STEM Scholars Program. Our STEM Scholars receive holistic support and graduate with STEM degrees at rates that well exceed national averages.
Why be a STEM Scholar?
STEM scholars will:
- participate in the program's coaching, educational and social activities
- meet with a personal STEM Scholar success coach each semester
- complete a hands-on experience
- learn how to build strong professional and social networks
- engage with business leaders
- explore innovation and entrepreneurship through program-based experiences
- have the option to apply to reside in the STEM Living Learning Community by indicating this preference on their housing application
- maintain good academic standing with the University and earn a satisfactory grade point average (at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA for freshmen)
- receive consideration for scholarship support should funding become available from the State of Ohio in July 2016
How do I qualify?
Incoming freshmen, transfer, adult and veteran students who have been admitted to BW and are Ohio residents are eligible to apply. Underrepresented and first-generation students are highly encouraged to apply.
Eligible majors include: biology, chemistry, computer science (and related majors), mathematics, neuroscience, physics and pre-engineering tracks, and sustainability (quantitative and science tracks).
Application & Deadlines
Please check back in February 2016 for application and deadline details!
What if I have questions?
Please send questions to email@example.com.