Harrington Distinguished Visiting Professors
Each year the Psychology Department at Baldwin Wallace University invites a distinguished psychologist to the campus for lectures and personal interaction with students and faculty. The program is based on a generous endowment to the Department in honor of Kathryn Grover Harrington and Robert A. Harrington.
Dr. Barry Schwartz, BW’s 2012-2013 Kathryn Grover Harrington & Robert A. Harrington Distinguished Visiting Professor, will present "Practical Wisdom: The Right Way to Do the Right Thing" to the Baldwin Wallace community on Thursday, September 27 at 8 p.m. in the John Patrick Theatre. Dr. Schwartz will sign copies of his books at a reception in the theater lobby immediately following his program. Dr. Schwartz is currently the Dorwin Cartwright Professor of Social Theory and Social Action at Swarthmore College, specializing in Psychology and Economics.
Previous Harrington Distinguished Visiting Professors at BW:
- 2011/2012: Dr. Laurence Steinberg
"Why Teenagers Take Risks"
"Rethinking Juvenile Justice"
- 2010/2011: Dr. Carol Tavris
- 2009/2010: Dr. Robert Sapolsky, Stanford University
- 2008/2009: Dr. David Matsumoto, San Francisco State University
- 2007/2008: Dr. Larry Squire, University of California, San Diego
- 2006/2007: Dr. James Garbarino, Loyola University Chicago
- 2005/2006: Dr. David Barlow, Boston University
- 2004/2005: Dr. Daniel Schacter, Harvard University
- 2003: Dr. David Buss, University of Texas at Austin
- 2002: Dr. Sandra Scarr, University of Virginia (Retired)
- 2001: Dr. Elliot Aronson, University of California, Santa Cruz
- 2000: Dr. Philip Zimbardo, Stanford University
- 1999: Dr. James McGaugh, University of California-Irvine
- 1998: Dr. Elizabeth Loftus, University of Washington
- 1997: Dr. Albert Bandura, Stanford University
- 1996: Dr. Robert Sternberg, Yale University
- 1995: Dr. Anthony Marsella, University of Hawaii