Office of Admission
Bonds Hall, Rm. 102
(440) 826-2778 (fax)
MAEd in Teaching and Learning
Today's teachers need expertise that was not part of teacher preparation programs as recently as five years ago. National movements such as the Partnership for 21st Century Skills and evolving state policy, such as new standards that define a Master Teacher (Educational Standards Board of Ohio ) are shaping the knowledge and skills that are essential to teachers and students in an ever-changing world. The MAEd in Teaching and Learning has been designed to include 21st century teaching skills and is aligned with Master Teacher Standards as set by the Ohio Department of Education.
Integrate current and evolving technologies in support of learning. Utilize culturally responsive teaching strategies and practices. Develop skills in differentiated instruction including assessement and remediation strategies for all learners. Possess an in-depth understanding of curricular design and knowledge of the research on which best practice is based.
- 36 semester hours, including embedded field experiences.
- Enroll part-time, and complete the program in as little as two years.
- Classes are scheduled in the early evening during the school year and during the day in the summer.
- Completion of the program includes a capstone experience in which students integrate the knowledge and skills acquired in their coursework with newly formed skills in effective teacher leadership.
- A professional portfolio is developed to document their success.
- Individual courses in the Teaching and Learning program are open to licensed teachers seeking professional development offerings.