Pre-Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Organization
The Pre-Physical Therapy / Exercise Science Student Organization is a Student Senate-funded group designed for any HPE major interested in Health Promotion, Exercise Science, Pre-Physical Therapy or Athletic Training. The purpose of the club is to provide students with educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge of the physical therapy and exercise science profession. The programming helps students develop skills required for their chosen profession, prepare students for entry into the workforce and also to inform students about the requirements for graduate and professional programs.
A sampling of the activities include:
- Certifications: What are they and how do you get them?
- Yoga and dynamic Warm-up in rehabilitation and exercise programs
- Jump Right Program
- Job Searches and Interviews, Portfolio Building
- Physician Assistant and Physical Therapy as a career
- Roundtable with Personal Trainer, Health and Fitness Manager and Physician Assistant
The organization is student-run, and the faculty advisor is Dr. Amy Jo Sutterluety.