"How to Design & Implement a CLAC Program that Works for Your Campus"
Workshop facilitated by
Diana K Davies, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for International Initiatives
The members of the CLAC Consortium are pleased to offer their first, three-hour workshop, "CLAC 101: How to Design and Implement a CLAC Program in Your Own Campus." The workshop will provide participants with:
- an introduction to CLAC philosophy and overview of the history of CLAC;
- a survey of existing types of CLAC programs at a variety of U.S colleges and universities;
- specific examples, including best practices and stories about "what not to do" from three institutions with three different types of CLAC programs;
- hands-on group exercises, geared at assessing your home institutions in order to develop the most appropriate style of CLAC for your campus;
- information about measuring outcomes and promoting CLAC to faculty, administrators, students and funders/donors.