Virtual Team Communication and Coaching
October 27, 2011
Session 1 Webinar:
October 27, 2011; 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Session 2 Coaching:
November 29, 2011; time to be determined
Instructor: Sue Russell
This unique course combines virtual learning with one-on-one coaching time with one of BW's experienced instructors. The first part of this course is conducted via interactive webinar. The webinar will focus on issues that leaders face when managing remote teams in different buildings, locations, and countries.
Participants will be provided templates and tools to use with a current project team and situation. Each participant will work with the instructor to create a specific action plan. A one-on-one in-person coaching session will be scheduled one month later to discuss results and outcomes of their plans. Due to the individual nature of this class, enrollment is limited to five participants.
- Establish individual and group communication protocols with remotely located team members
- Deal effectively with the performance management process with team members
- Have meaningful conversations with team members via phone conversations, email and other electronic forums
- Learn techniques that will ensure remotely located team members are still part of the overall team
- Implement and receive coaching on tactics you have implemented
Target Audience: Any professional who is leading a project or team that has members in different locations.