Lean Six Sigma
Green Belt Certification
March 30-April 1 continued on May 5-6, 2015
Facilitated by: Improve Consulting and Training, LLC
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Baldwin Wallace, Berea
The Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Program is a three month commitment with a project portion. The training course covers Lean and DMAIC Six Sigma methodologies at a more detailed level. At the end of the certification program, you will leave with the ability to run a project, but with some coaching.
During the two months you will attend two training sessions, one month apart, totaling five full-day classes. In addition to the classroom training, you will work on a project case study that can start when the classes begin. The program is over when the project has been completed, which could extend the full program time to three months. The project will require a thorough knowledge of the GB course topics and will require a solid use of the tools to complete.
- Successfully deploy Lean and Six Sigma techniques to gather and analyze data
- Support Black Belts and other seasoned continuous improvement experts
- Lead small-scale improvement projects
Individuals who are looking for an in-depth understanding of the application of Lean Six Sigma concepts, as well as individuals interested in developing their skills as continuous improvement and operational excellence leaders.
Six Sigma professionals exist at every level - each with a different role to play.
- Master Black Belt: Trains and coaches Black Belts and Green Belts. Functions more at the Six Sigma program level by developing key metrics and the strategic direction. Acts as an organization's Six Sigma internal consultant.
- Black Belt: Leads problem-solving projects. Trains and coaches project teams.
- Green Belt: Assists with data collection and analysis for Black Belt projects. Leads Green Belt projects or teams.
- Yellow Belt: Participates as a project team member. Reviews process improvements that support the project.
Improve Consulting and Training, LLC, under the direction of Ellen Burts-Cooper, is a personal and professional development consulting firm with extensive experience in leadership development and continuous improvement. Since 2005, the firm has been providing personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation for youth and adults in transition.
For more information Phone: (440) 826-2253.