Danielle Musat, Board Certified Music Therapist, Instructor
Musical Kaleidoscope is a joyful music class for young children of all ability levels and their caregivers to make music together. We will use our voices, play instruments, move to music, actively listen to music and experience music through multi-sensory avenues. Facilitated by a board certified-music therapist, sessions will provide participants with opportunities to meet both musical and extra-musical goals. The music therapist will confer with each family for suggested achievements for each specific child, and gather information about goals already established for the child by members of the child's interdisciplinary team. After the establishment of goals, the music therapist will conduct ongoing assessment through the term and progress will be reports at the last class of the session.
Unique Elements of the Class
For families of children with special needs:
- A welcoming setting where everyone can successfully make music
- An initial step into programming within a community setting
- Opportunities for parent support and networking
- Typical social play setting where music is the vehicle for interacting and expanding play skills
Furthermore, sessions will provide:
- Meaningful music opportunities that are developmentally appropriate
- A repertoire of musical activities to share at home
- Strategies for using music to expand cognitive, communication, motor, social and emerging literacy skills and to ease difficult transition times
- Establishing a strong foundation of the knowledge of musical elements, geared to the individual level of the young child.
Spring 2013 Schedule
February - 21, 28
March - 7, 14, 21
April - 4, 11, 18
5:15 - 6:00 pm Placement determined by teacher
6:05 - 6:50 pm Placement determined by teacher
Students will be placed in classes by the instructor prior to the first class. Placement is according to age,
movement ability, and previous experience. All classes take place between 5:15 and 6:40 p.m. Parents/caregivers will be notified of placement one week before classes start.
Location: Early Childhood Suite BMAC 064, Boesel Musical Arts Center, 49 Seminary Street, Berea, OH
Cost: $72.00 for 8 classes plus a $15 registration fee
To register, please call the Conservatory Outreach Office at 440-826-2365 or you can use the online form below. You must read the Conservatory Outreach Policies prior to registering. You will be contacted within 2 business of registering to process your credit card payment.