Healthcare Quarterly Archive
- Health Insurance Exchanges.
- The Emergence of "Hybrid" Health Care Systems.
- Can Competition improve health care delivery?
- Accountable Care Organizations: Lessons from California and overseas.
- Public-sector retirees' health and pension benefits.
- Mental health services in Ohio.
- Hospital Community Benefit programs
- "Hospital-onset infections"
- "Self-interest - The good, the bad and the ugly"
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO): What are they and what are the keys to their succcess?
- Long-term care financing lessons from abroad
- What future lies ahead for Managed Care Organizations
- Medicare's Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB)
- A new role for primary care physicians.
- Ohio's pending financial crisis.
- OneCommunity receives $44.8 million stimulus award from Department of Commerce,
- An Analysis of the New Healthcare Law
- The New Healthcare Law's Impact on the Major Healthcare Cost Drivers: A Report Card
- Cost Effectiveness of Preventive Medicine and Wellness Programs
- What Does it Take to Make Integrated Care Work?
- The Crisis in State and Local Government Retiree Health Benefit Plans: Myths and Realities
- Fast Facts: Ohio's $8 Billion budget hole
- Baldwin Wallace University's New Health Care Management Major
- What is the Likelihood of �Real National Healthcare Reform?
- What can be done to Address Lifestyle Diseases?
- What is the best role for the Government and Private sector to play in Healthcare Reform? Should there be a Public Plan?
- Should Employee Health Care Benefits be taxed?
- What is the role of Clinical Effectiveness Research?
- Mission Critical: A New Reimbursement Model for Providers of Health Care Services
- Prescription Drug Trends
- Two Ideas to Increase Innovation and Reduce Pharmaceutical Costs and Prices
- Health Insurance Coverage and Reimbursement DecisionsFacing the Challenge of Unhealthy Weight
- CMS Releases New Five Star Quality Rating System for Long-term Care Facilities
- Approaches to Covering the Uninsured
- Ohio Hospitals will be Required to Report Infection Information to Consumers
- Approaches to Covering the Uninsured
- What are the real drivers of health care costs?
- Can pay-for-performance be linked to measures that have true economic and clinical value?
Telemedicine: What obstacles prevent its expansion?
- Obama's and McCain health care platforms: What are their fundamental differences?
- The role of health insurance in China
- Medical tourism: separating fact from fiction
- Cost-effective Medical Treatment: Putting an Updated Dollar Value on Human Life
- Do Consumer-driven Health Plans (CDHPs) Help Reduce Costs?
- Tracking the Care of Patients with Severe Chronic Illness
- Taking Stock of Wellness
- Employment-Based Health Benefits Under Universal Coverage
- Descriptions of Health Care Systems: Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, and The United Kingdom
- Shepherding Major Health System Reforms: A Conversation with German Health Minister Ulla Schmidt
- State Rankings of Child Well-being
The Long-Term Outlook for Medicare and Medicare Healthcare Spending
Toward a Rational, Value-Based Drug Benefit for Medicare
Gauging the Progress of the National Health Information Technology Initiative: Perspectives from the Field
America's Health Crisis: Is Consumer Driven Health Care an Enabler or Antidote?
The Mental Health Divide: Mending the Split between Mind and Body
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Minnesota Designs a "Blue Print" for the Future
A Critical Analysis of Clinton's, Obama's and McCain's Healthcare Reform Proposals
National Health Insurance Lessons from Abroad
Creating Payment Systems to Accelerate Value-Driven Health Care: Issues and Options for Policy Reform
Fourth of a Series of Articles on Hospital-based Infections
1. Pressure is on Hospitals to Stamp out Bacterial Bugs
2. Putting Superbugs on the Defensive
Recommendations Relating to Disease Management Programs
United HealthCare Pilots an Innovative Approach to Incent Members to get Healthy
An Innovative Approach to Health Care Reform
Ohio Seeks Way to Balance Care, Costs
Health Care Costs and Access Challenges Persist: Initial Findings from the Center for Studying Health System Change's 2007 Site Visits (Which included Cleveland, Ohio)
Total Medical Costs for Families Increase Eight Percent in 2007
Research on Comparative Effectiveness of Medical Treatment: Options for an Expanded Federal Role
BCBSA Supports Creation of a Private Institute Focused on Clinical Effectiveness
Reflections on Science, Judgment and Value in Evidence-Based Medicine Decision Making
Employers Look for Ways to Put More Muscle into their Wellness Programs
Employer to Fine Unhealthy Workers
Hospitals Asked to Account for Errors on Their Watch
Focus on Value
Health Care Spending to Double by 2016
Health Care Price Transparency and Price Competition
High-Performance Health Plan Networks: Early Experiences
Prescription Drug Spending Growth Rate is Expected to Increase in 2008 and 2009
Health Insurers Expand Palliative Services to Improve Quality of Care and Slow Expenses
Pediatric ICUs Make Headway Against Infection
Companies Plan to Invest More in the Health of Their Employees
Covering Smoking Cessation as a Health Benefit
Governor Strickland Expands PASSPORT Program
Bioscience and Northeast Ohio
Four Reports Predict Wide Range of Health Benefit Cost Increases for 2007
The New Role for Managed Care Organizations
President Bush's Healthcare Proposal
Value-Based Insurance Design
Mandatory Reporting of Infection Rates at Hospitals
Universal Health Insurance and the States
- Current Trends in Healthcare Insurance Premiums and Costs
- Bush Orders Transparency on Healthcare Costs and Quality
- Financial Incentives Alone not Enough to Curb Healthcare Costs
- Wellness Winners Share Their Success Strategies
- Institute of Medicine States that Medicare Should use �Pay for Performance� to Improve Quality of Healthcare Services
- Small Doctor Groups Eligible for Bonuses under Quality Measures
- Potential 2007 Measures for the Medicare Physician Voluntary Reporting Program
- Medicare Hospitalizations Deaths Decline as Gap Grows Between Best, Worst Hospitals
- New Ohio Law Requires Disclosure of More Performance, Cost Information
- What�s Really Propping up the Economy?
- Review of Healthcare Costs of Individuals that are Covered by an Employer-Sponsored PPO Program
- The Impact of Consumer Driven Health Plans on Cost Trends
- Multi-Prong Strategy Critical to Control Health Costs
- HHS Secretary Michael O. Leavitt Unveiled a New �Payer Power� Plan that will Lower Costs, Boost Quality
- Medication Errors Harming Millions, Report Says
- Gaps in Health Insurance: An All American Problem
- A Review of Michael E. Porter and Elizabeth O. Teisberg�s new book titled, �Redefining Health Care�
- Massachusetts Health Care Reform Plan
- U.S. Healthcare Spending to double by 2015
- Consumer Choice: Can it Cure the Nation's Healthcare ills?
- Does the Search for Quality Result in only Better Outcomes,or Does it Result in Lower Healthcare Costs, too?
- Trends Related to Access to Healthcare Services
- If Current Trends Continue Health Benefits will Replace Retirement Costs as the Largest Sector of Benefit Costs - What are the Long-term implications of Such a Trend?
- Can Proactive Strategies Significantly Impact the Costly Side Effects of Diabetes and Improve the Quality of Life of the Diabetic?
- Should there be a Federal Panel Overseeing the Creation of a National Quality System?
- Is Long-term Care Insurance a good Investment?
- Should there be limits on the tax-exemption of Healthcare Benefits?
- Two Healthcare Reform Proposals
- International Comparisons
- Premium Growth Slows, but Employers Still Continue to Drop Health Insurance
- What are Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)?
- Good Healthcare Pays off! The Fundamentals of Health Promotion Incentives
- Healthcare Reform, Less talk more Action!
- Safety Gap Widens Between Best and Worst Hospitals - Study Says
- Wellness Programs are Gaining Momentum
- How Many Adults are Underinsured?
- Diabetes Health Costs, Economic Costs
- Physician Involvement Crucial in Disease Management Plans
- Employers Efforts to Control Rising Drug Costs
- Consumer Organization Wants Reports on Hospital Quality
- Hospital Quality
- Nursing Home Quality
- Pay for Performance