Dr. Lee Pickler
DBA, Doctorate of Business Administration Nova southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 1987, Dissertation: "User Perceived Satisfaction Of Information Systems In Multiple Hospitals"
MHA, Master of Hospital Administration, Indiana Northern University, Fort Wayne IN 1978
BA, Bachelor of Arts, Business Cleveland State University, Cleveland OH 1970
Professor, Business Division, Baldwin Wallace University, Berea OH, Fall 1995-Present
- Associate Professor, Business Division, Baldwin Wallace University, Berea OH, Fall 1987-1995. Tenure Granted Fall 1989 -1990
- Fall 1982-1983 Assistant Professor, Business Division, Baldwin Wallace University, Berea OH,
- 1982-1987 Instructor, Department of Business, Cuyahoga Community College. Taught Introduction to Data Processing, RPG Language and COBOL Language.
- 1978-1981 Adjunct Instructor, College of Business, Nova Southeastern University.
Graduate Courses Taught:
- Management Strategy and Policy
- Organization Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Delivering Superior Customer Value
Graduate Courses Developed and Taught:
- Management Information Systems
- Data Communications Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Leadership in Project Management
PRACTITIONER WORK EXPERIENCE
1982-Present Part time consulting to complement my career change to education. Mid 1980's I shifted emphasis from information systems consulting to strategic marketing and management.
1976-1981 Full time Consultant to the healthcare industry with specialization in Information Systems.
1974-1976 Data Corporation. Marketed IBM "plug compatible" peripherals in Ohio.
1970-1974 NCR Corporation. Marketed mainframes to the medical, education and government markets.
CURRENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teach undergraduate courses
Sales and Sales Management
Strategy and Policy
Teach graduate courses
IMBA International marketing
HC MBA marketing
Conduct applied research / consulting in my areas of expertise
Promotion and Tenure Council
Facilitate various tasks on an ad hoc basis
Participate in the development of an undergraduate assessment program in the Strategy and Policy course
Participate in the reading and assessment of materials for college accreditation preparation
SPECIAL ON-GOING PROJECT
Over the past eight years I have facilitated a tour group of physicians and healthcare managers from Japan around the Cleveland and Akron areas for the purpose of examining current practices of healthcare delivery in the United States.
In October of '05 I brought together a presentation team and we went to Japan and presented geriatric healthcare and health management issues in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. In June of this year ('06), I will be again leading the tour of local hospitals and facilitating a discussion session with the Japanese tourists at Baldwin Wallace University.
Additionally, I am beginning to work on implementation of certain procedures for one of the hospitals in Japan. We are beginning to look at Pre Admission Testing for a hospital in Osaka.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award, Nova Southeastern University, 2005.
Nominated for the Faculty Excellence Award, Baldwin Wallace University, 2006.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS COMPETENCIES
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel
- Blackboard course facilitator
- Web CT On-line teaching software
- CAPSTONE business simulation
- BSG Business Strategy Game International
- Lee Pickler, "Systems Management in Healthcare", Journal of Systems Management, 1987.
- Lee Pickler, Paul Sears, "An assessment of Practitioner Interest in Academy of Management publications," Academy of Management, 1991.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- How to start a Full time or Part time Consulting Practice
- Building Relationships in China (Co-developed with Dr. Yu Da)
- Leadership�Inside First
- Leadership and Self Esteem
- Market Driven Strategies
- Strategic Thinking Skills (Co-developed with Susan Kuznik)
APPLIED RESEARCH AND CONSULTING ENGAGEMENTS
Industrial Fasteners Institute
Regional Transit Authority
Southwest General Hospital
Medina General Hospital
St. John Westshore Hospital
St. Vincent Charity Hospital
Pioneer Standard Electronics
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS HELD, Past and Present
Data Processing Management Association, Membership Chair
Systems Management Association, Pres. Cleveland Chapter
Sales and Marketing Executives
The Academy of Management
Society for Marketing Professional Services (Current member)
Project Management Institute (Current member)
- Arthur Anderson Ethics workshop
- Baldwin Wallace University Dr. Krueger's Ethics workshop
- Mark Victor Hansen writing and publishing seminar
- Course development workshop - Delivering Superior Customer Value
- Business Strategy Game workshop
- Project Management seminars in preparation for the PMP exam
- Successful completion of Project Management Professional exam and subsequent certification
- Leadership and Self Esteem with Nathaniel Branden, Ph.D.
- Situational Leadership workshop with Dr. Paul Hersey